Wednesday, March 25, 2009

3-22-2009 Sunday - Holly's 17th Birthday Celebration!

Holly chose the perfect comfort food to match our comfortable clothes we immediately changed into after we got home from the competition!
Turkey Stroganoff With Egg Noodles (Holly doesn't eat any beef), Asparagus, Green Salad, Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, and Martinelli's!

My friend Fawn, has been teaching me how to wrap and make pretty bows. She took me to this cool store a few months ago and I bought this beautiful paper and ribbon. It's been a lot of fun, especially since I have never been a wrapper. I like to hire out high school girls at Christmas usually. I don't know, I just see it as a waste of time. But now that's all changed and I look forward to using my pretty ribbon. My paper still gets all crinkled though! LOL

Patience Holly! Patience!
(Let's get a photo of that cute present I wrapped!)

She got all the things girls love: Bags, scarfs, makeup and jewelry!

She has large lung capacity because of her singing.
(In other words... Holly's full of a lot of hot air!)
He! He! He!

These plates were just too cute to not show off!

Holly chose a BTS (Better Than _ _ _) Cake for her birthday!
Holly was so bad - double dipping her candles!!!

We made Grams wait to take a bite until after Holly had the first one.
She could barely wait! Ha! Ha!

So she made sure that Grams could see her taking this bite nice and slowly.
What a trickster!

Somebody else got a little bite too... :)
Happy 17th Birthday Holly!

3 comments:

Fawn said...

Your presents look GREAT! How fun! Happy Birthday Holly! That cake looked a tad "sinful"--what a busy day, but it looks like it was perfect!

Fawn said...

PS The blue/brown is so pretty!

Mike and Shelby said...

Can't believe she is 17 already! We love BTS cake around here too! Good choice.

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!