Monday, March 30, 2009

3-26-2009 Thursday - Scrapbooking Weekend!


I know... I know... What in the heck do "Sprinkles Cupcakes" have to do with a scrapbooking weekend? Well, everything if you want to indulge during your scrapbooking weekend! My best friend, Barb Hehl, and I went to the Marriott Newport Coast Villas for four fabulous days of playing with photos, paper, stickers and computers! I got half of 2008 finished - about 60 pages front and back! So I was pretty happy about that. But the funnest part is being with Barb. It is like one long therapy session talking about everything under the sun from our childhood to our future goals. And we do eat great too! We had delicious pasta from Rothchild's, Mexican food from El Ranchito, Pizza, Turkey sandwiches, Corn Pops Cereal, Asian Pears, Strawberries, and of course... Our Sprinkles! (Photos of us are too gross to put on the internet! ;)

4 comments:

anna said...

How fun! I think I would need a lot of weekends to scrapbook everything I haven't yet :) The food sounds like the best part though. It is so nice to have a friend and be able to vent/talk uninterrupted for so long. What a nice break. I am jealous :)

Mike and Shelby said...

60 pages? Wow! I am so impressed. Really! Four uninterupted days...no kids schedules to adhere to, no phone ringing, no family meals to prepare? All attention on scrapbooking. What a great getaway!

I have heard so much about these Sprinkles cupcakes. I meant to try them when we were in town this month and forgot! Bummer!

Janice said...

what a fun idea! It seems like there is never time to get the scrapbooking done... good for you girls for making the time... and in such a fun way! Sounds like a great weekend!

Fawn said...

I still can't believe how much you got done! We all read about it and are so jealous! And that really is the best part--to be able to talk to a friend without interruptions--heaven!!

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!