Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5-10-2009 Sunday - A Happy Mother's Day!

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day on Sunday. These are the days I will truly treasure up in my mind's memory box! I had breakfast in bed that Jeff and the kids made with eggs, sausage, hash browns and apple juice! After church, I got a wonderful salad made by the kids and Jeff and then I was given so many beautiful gifts of homemade cards, little books and even a new hand mixer I was in desperate need of.

Holly snapped this photo and I love how Luke is looking up at me - he really loves me!

We had a nice dinner later that evening with my mother and brother, Dean, and his family.
Here is Andrea, Drew, Michele, Blake, and Drago.

Shera came to me before dinner was even served and said she had a tummy ache. I asked her what she'd eaten already. "I ate 4 pieces of bread and 7 Shirley Temples." I didn't realize that there was a Shirley Temple refill pitcher! Oh, boy! Needless to say, she hardly ate any dinner!

Here's my big brother, Dean, my mom and me together.

My mom got me and my sister-in-law, Deanne, these beautiful Baccarat Chrystal butterflies! We get them every year from her and now have quite a nice collection started. I keep them in my bedroom on the shelves of my secretary so I see them everyday. They are all in different colors and I think they are just lovely!
Thanks mom and I love you!

3 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

What a great Mother's Day! I LOVE that cute picture of Lukie looking up at you!! You have always been such an example to me of what a FABULOUS mother should be! I find myself incorporating SO MANY of your techniques into my own parenting style (ie. how to fold my garment tops: Make the top "BOW", then fold in half...Haha- Honestly, every time I fold laundry, I literally hear your voice saying that in my head!)...I know that's not really parenting, but you know what I mean! Love you!

Also, thank you SO MUCH for the polka music idea for Olivia's party!!! I know it's silly, but it's SUCH a cute idea! It hadn't even crossed my mind! Thanks again. :)

P.S.- Sorry for the long comment, but I thought you'd be interested to know that I finally decided what I want to do for my photo albums! I am going to stop stressing about doing online scrapbooks (like Snapfish). I've already uploaded many of my pictures onto my blog and since my theme of the year is SIMPLIFY, I am just going to have a book printed of my actual blog (from blurb.com). I know it won't be perfected, but it will be done, and that's the most important part. I think I will just print a "family yearbook" at the end of each year. That way I can order a copy for me and one for each of my kids too! YAY!

Fawn said...

Isn't Mother's Day nice?? Way to keep up on the blogging. You have so much fun and exciting stuff coming up this year. We love reading your blog! Yea for the wonderful Mother's of the world who keep it all together--birthday parties and all!

Mike and Shelby said...

Those a gorgeous butterflies! That 1st picture is sweet of you and Luke! 7 shirley temples!?! That would give me a tummyache too! :)

Love your new flower border...so pretty and springy!

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!