Thursday, July 23, 2009

7-22-2009 Wednesday - Our Newest Pets!

Yes, I am an animal lover and my kids have followed in my footsteps. It doesn't always make Jeff the happiest, but sometimes I think he just puts on the "Tough Dad" image, cuz I always cave in! Well, yesterday I caved! Big time! (Now we have 2 dogs, a turtle, a goldfish, 2 hamsters, 3 bird feeders, and 2 hummingbird feeders. We have birds all over our backyard all the time!)

We decided to surprise dad with two cute little boy hamsters that will live in an all pink cage with pink bedding, pink toys in a pink girls room!

The girls got their new little home all set up. Heidi and Sasha were very excited about the little hamsters too!

"Let Me Out! Let Me Out!"

Noel and Shera fed them and gave them water, then they settled right into their new home. Noel's white one is "Tucker" and Shera's golden one is "Mr. Teddy Bear Caramel"! They kept Noel up all night since they are nocturnal creatures and today they changed their living quarters to the pink bathroom! LOL And now they are safe from the dogs too! A month ago we lost our canary to Sasha and Heidi!

2 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

OH, you little softie! :)

I am so not a pet person...thankfully neither is Mike. But Lauren is already asking for a bunny! I wouldn't mind pretty birds hanging around my backyard though.

Fawn said...

They are so pretty---way more so than our "rat!" I think Abbi is good enough for me! But have fun with them. Love the names!

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!