Sunday, October 18, 2009

10-16-2009 Friday - A Bit Of A Crash!

Friday night I was driving down to Trabuco High School to pick up Jeff and Noel from the football game when I got hit by a little blue car. It tried to cut a left just in front of me and we nearly hit head on!

Luckily, no one was hurt and neither of us had passengers. Well, I had the puppies with me, and they were in the front seat. But the air bags went off and that saved us. I never knew how much air bags smoked. It smelled like fireworks in the car.

Jeff and Noel were picked up by Holly and then came to me. The neighborhood there was so great. They brought me a bottle of water, leashes for the dogs and treats and water for them too. Unfortunately, both cars were totaled. We loved our Suburban - it was a great car and we'll miss it so much. But I'm so thankful that we walked away from it. I am banged up a bit and bruised some and the air bag actually burned my arm too - but nothing super bad at least. I went home, iced my arm, took a bath and went to bed to get ready for
another big day...

5 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Oh my goodness!! That's terrible! I'm SOO glad you were okay!

At least, now you get to buy a new car!!

Fawn said...

You are a nut Carol. Just look at those pictures. I mean, wouldn't you tell your friend to go home and TAKE IT EASY??? So glad you are ok. Two months, no more accidents, ok??:)

Roberta said...

Carol!! How scary! I'm so glad you and the dogs are well. We love you all.

Nicki said...

I'm glad you're okay, Carol!

Mike and Shelby said...

That is so scary! I am so glad you and the dogs are okay. (Even if the car was considered totaled!)

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!