Friday, October 30, 2009

10-29-2009 Thursday - Carving Pumpkins!

This was Luke's first year to cut and clean his own pumpkin by himself! He was so proud!

Cutie Noel, scooping out the seeds!

I got a kick out of this scene - Drew and Holly using the safe pumpkin carving tools and Shera has the "Big Knife"! (Wouldn't ya know?)

Holly carved this free hand by herself! It had a little hanging man and moon above the tree too.

We always watch "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" every year while we carve our pumpkins.

It's become a big joke that I always try to get out of carving a pumpkin. So, this year I did my own version of a "carved pumpkin" with mini brownie eyes and nose, marshmallow ears, and a banana mouth. Jeff still teased me!

Here they all are...

And here's their guts... All ready to eat... Yummm!!!!

2 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

Those are great pumpkins! If I had to judge, I think yours would win first prize! ;)

Can you believe I went to the store today and they had NO pumpkins left?!?! I didn't have the energy to go to another store...I may have to send Mike on his way home from work now.

I love the roasted seeds too!

Nicki said...

Your pumpkins look great! I especially am impressed by Holly's freehand!

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!