Saturday, September 25, 2010

9-12-2010 Sunday - Homemade Linguine and Sauce

Since we came home from Italy, I've been wanting to try to make homemade pasta. It was so delicious there - well, it will take a few more times to perfect it, but it still was tasty!
Eggs go into the "flour well"...

Slowly incorporate all the flour with the eggs and knead it for 15 minutes...
(That was the tiring part on my arthritic hands!)

After the dough rests, I rolled it out - I need to do it even thinner next time.

We rolled the sheet up into a tube and sliced them about 1/4 inch wide.

We unrolled the pasta and laid it out to dry.

Ready to put into the pot...

When fresh pasta is cooked, it rises to the top of the water.

With our home-grown tomatoes, I had made some spaghetti sauce earlier.

Noel did the garlic bread...

Yummo!!!
This was fun to try, and I will do it again. It does take some time but is well worth it!

3 comments:

anna said...

Yummy. I have never had homemade pasta and I don't really have the time for it right now, but maybe someday - it looks fun and delicious.

Unknown said...

OO! That looks great. There's nothing like homemade noodles!

Mike and Shelby said...

Bravo, Carol! I have always wanted to make homemade noodles...but I have never ventured into that world! :) I'm glad to hear it was worth it. Maybe one day when I don't have so many youngin's toddling around...

I do have a question. Everytime I've made homemade tomato sauce, it turns out too bitter. I hear this is common with homemade sauce, what was your secret?

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!