Sunday, October 31, 2010

10-10-10 Sunday - Something Loooong Over Due - The Comforter!!!!

So... One of the things I have done for my kids when they get baptized at the age of eight years old is to make them a comforter. This is a special gift they receive that is a symbol of the Gift of the Holy Ghost (or the Comforter) after they are baptized into the church and are confirmed.
I was a little late for Luke's baptism last June - but I finally got it done!

And what was even worse is that I had never finished Shera's either! And she is ten years old now! (Talk about procrastinating...) I heard her asking about it for the past two years too!!!

So I had to share their faces of surprise and joy when they opened up their comforters!

I make them with their favorite colors - not too big, not too small - but just right!

Luke was so happy he thought he'd give a big kiss to his sister!!!

No comments:

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!