Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3-15-2009 Sunday - Voice Recital At Our Home

We had the girls Spring Voice Recital at our home last Sunday afternoon. There were about sixteen students who performed and about 60 people watching. So this was a great experience for all of them to get up and sing in front of their peers, family and friends. They all did two songs each, except the seniors did four each. Holly did two classical pieces. Noel did a classical piece and one from South Pacific too. Shera did two songs from Carousel and Anastasia. Joan is their voice instructor and she's a genius! We love her! I love hearing them sing and watching them continue to strengthen their talents!

Here are Shera, Holly and Noel singing...






2 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Darn you, Carol!! :) Every time I read your blog, I end up sobbing! I am so so so proud of your kids. They are SO talented! I swear, Holly needs to tell Sarah Brightman to move over! They all sounded AMAZING! Holly truly sounds professional. I wish we lived in so. cal. and I would send my kids to Joan the minute they learned to talk!!! ;-) Olivia already has a HUGE interest in music and dance, so it will be interesting to see if she actually persues it when she is older. Love you guys!

Fawn said...

The girls are wonderful, but I can't hear Holly's. It said it was taken off and I'd love to hear her sing. You must be so proud. I just want to know where you get your energy! St. Patrick's Day was enough to kill anyone off--let alone a voice recital, concert, Drew, etc. So much for the simple life!

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!