Wednesday, April 15, 2009

4-2-2009 Thursday - Pistachio Ambrosia

Today I was finally making good on my promise to make Pistachio Ambrosia for Holly's birthday. The weekend of her birthday was so crazy, I had remembered the beef stroganoff and BTS cake she wanted, but forgot the special salad. So Luke and I took a little time off and did this together for her to enjoy that evening. The other crazy thing was, I wanted to do this because I was leaving for Paris the next day - and if I should die or something while I was gone, I didn't want her thinking I never made it for her. I know - it's crazy!!! But Luke had a fun time as you will see from the video below! :)

The finished product! Holly will be soooo happy!!!

Okay so here's Jeff's mom's recipe:

Pistachio Ambrosia
In a large bowl put in 2 small cans pineapple tidbits and 1 small can of crushed pineapple with the juices. On top sprinkle 1 small package of instant pistachio pudding and let it set for a few minutes. Then stir in 1 cup of shredded sweetened coconut and 3/4 cup chopped pecans. (My family won't eat the nuts, so we leave them out.) Fold in 12oz. regular cool whip and 1 cup of mini marshmallows. Don't over mix - just do it until it's all green. Chill for about 2 hours. Super easy and fun for the kids to do!


4 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

where's the recipe!?! I love pistachio. mmm...finger-lickin' good! ;)

Fawn said...

The only thing I asked Carey's Mom to bring to Easter dinner was this dish! My mom never made it and my kids love it too! How funny is that? And how funny you made it before you left--you have a wild imagination too!

Mike and Shelby said...

thanks for adding the recipe! I am putting it in our family cookbook-sounds yummy!

Kendyl said...

Just found your blog! Love this recipe, my grandma has made it since I was young. Yum!

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!