Wednesday, March 31, 2010

3-27-2010 Saturday - This Old House...

Last Saturday, Jeff and I were in Santa Ana and visited my old neighborhood. I hadn't been there in ten years. I lived across from this street corner -
2201 N. Olive Lane.

Here's my house - where I used to climb the olive tree in front, ride my bike on the driveway, I shut the garage door on our car roof, our big plastic Santa Claus was lit up on the front porch, and I'd look out the living room window and wait for my dad to come home.
So many great memories...
I loved my childhood...

Then we went by Jeff's darling house in Costa Mesa. He moved from here when he was seven. He loved playing kickball in the front yard for family night, walking to school with his brothers and sisters, and catching frogs in the ditch at the end of the street.

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose. The Wonder Years...

3 comments:

Nicki said...

What a nice, sweet tribute to your childhood homes! A post you'll treasure forever!

Mike and Shelby said...

What a fun little trip down memory lane for you two! Childhood memories are great. (and I am glad we have garage door sensors now!) :)

anna said...

That is so much fun. And I love your quote - our memories really are what make us who we are. I guess that is why journaling is so important :) or blogging :)

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!