Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5-13-2010 Wednesday - Busy Week & Lots of Cookin'...

Yes!!!
Luke is finally a real cub scout!!! Of course, he just found out what the scouts are all about at last Thursdays' meeting...

One month ago:
Me: "Luke! Guess what? You get to start going to Cub Scouts in a few weeks when you turn 8 years old!"
Luke: "Oh Boy!!!" "What's that???"
Oh boy, was I laughing! But I guess that's what you get when your home is filled with girls and performing arts stuff.

Holly sang her last solo at the MVHS Spring Choir Concert.

I've tried to be careful with the quality of food I buy. I always try to get organic and free range. I want to be able to read the ingredients of what processed foods I get too. I like Henry's and Trader Joe's and I don't buy overly processed meats if possible, especially after seeing the movie, Food Inc. I talk a lot about this during our meals and inform Jeff and the kids of the good foods they are eating. Last week, I got up in the morning and came down to this box of crumb donuts and note - - -
now how could I pass this one up???

Saturday night, I made about 60 homemade fortune cookies for my Relief Society lesson the next day.

They were pretty time consuming especially because you have to learn how to fold them and they are extremely hot on your hands while doing it. There is definitely a learning curve to these things. But they tasted fantastic! Much better than the store bought ones you get at the chinese restaurants!

My lesson was on reading the scriptures and revelation so I put this special "fortune scripture verse" in each cookie.

Sunday morning we were busily filling each mini Chinese take-out box with a fortune cookie - the next thing I knew Luke was helping me a little too much! He had hand cuffed me to the drawer handle! My patience was being tested at this point... Perfect for my lesson!

But the baskets of cookies turned out great and everyone loved them!
I was pleased with the lesson too!

It was so pretty, I had to take a photo of the delicious flan I made for dessert last Sunday too.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

great post!

loved your handout! so cute and clever!!

Mike and Shelby said...

This is such a loaded post! Full of all kinds of fun! 1st...I LOVE fortune cookies, flan and Trader Joes. I miss Trader Joe's...and Utah will never get it because of the strict liquor laws here. At least I have Whole Foods and Wild Oats. :)

Mike is a Scouts leader in our ward right now. He LOVES it and the boys LOVE him. The boys will often show up at our door just to hang out with Mike. It is wonderful because some of them don't have fathers in their lives the same way Mike didn't when he was growing up. He really appreciated the YM leaders, like Jeff and Fuller, who looked out for him and is glad he can now be there for these boys. Hope Luke enjoys it too!

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!