Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5-9-2010 Sunday - Eight Is Great On Mother's Day!!!

To share your 8th birthday on Mother's Day can be a real bummer for a little boy,
but Luke handled it pretty well overall...
We sort of split up the day. I got to choose breakfast - Belgian Waffles with strawberries and real whipped cream. He chose a manly man's dinner of steak, mashed potatoes and gravy!

Then we opened way too many gifts for me, but I'm not complaining!

After church, Grams came over and we celebrated a little more with her gifts.

Luke had a surprise visit from one of his favorite people, Andrea Mendenhall, who made this amazing "8 is great" candy gift. She actually came the day before - it was nearly gone by the next day.

Then it was Luke's turn to open up some fun cards and cool gifts!

He got a bunch of balls and water toys for the pool this year.

And then he got a specially made cake just for him! Luke wanted a pink cake this year - don't ask... And since I had already made him a big jungle cake for his birthday party with his friends, I ordered this one from the bakery.

But I had to do something besides just pink - so I added spiders and webs which is one of the main topics he talks about these days! And of course an "8 IS GREAT" written on the big web! Betcha never saw a cake like this before - huh???

That's what the bakery said too as they took a ton of pictures of it!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

That is the most awesome pink cake with spiders I have ever seen in my life!

Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday Luke!

Fawn said...

I gotta agree, awesome!! Way fun--but crazy busy I see.

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!