Friday, September 11, 2009

9-11-2009 Friday - Never Forget...

These sobering photos are from the 9-11 attacks. Like all Americans, I will always remember when and where I was on this life changing day. I received a phone call from Jeff as he was driving to work. He told me to turn on the news. I immediately did and proceeded to call my father in Hawaii. It was about 5:30am at the time and I knew I would be waking him up. But I knew this was different and a historical terrorist attack was happening; he would want to know. My brothers were visiting him and we all watched the television while on the phone as the second of the twin towers was hit and both fell to the ground.

I will never forget...

Thank God for our Police, Firefighters and the Military keeping us safe.
We can never repay you for what you do...

1 comment:

Mike and Shelby said...

It's a day that none of us will ever be able to forget. Mike usually watches the documentaries about it...I just can't, I am a puddle of tears within minutes. It's too painful, yet important for us to honor the men who serve.

School Year Highlights!

School Year Highlights!
Drew's drama club went to NYC over the holidays!

Holly's Classical Voice Recital

Noel won Castille Elementary Student of the Year from the Kiwanis Club. She's here with Peter Vidmar - 2x Olympic Gold & 1x Olympic Silver Medal winner.

Church History Tour Easter Break

Church History Tour Easter Break
Palmyra - Joseph Smith's home where he grew up!

We went to Niagara Falls too!

The Angel Game!

The Angel Game!
We got on the big screen!